Friday, May 23, 2008

Here we go again....

I am...once again...negligent when it comes to my blogging! Story of my life. Alot has changed around here. Bonnie Blue is now officially a High School graduate! She decided to go ahead and start college this summer so she leaves in a few days. The nest is going to be empty soon!! This one has really hit me hard. I am glad Big Bubba got to come down and spend a few days with us. The two of them spent some quality time together and she really enjoyed it...shopping/dinner/movies!!

Tanker was home on leave last week for graduation and it was nice to pretend to be a normal family for a change! He left on Sunday and I was back to work on Monday...bored as usual...and checking out the web when I came across a headline that said something like "DoD announces latest troop deployments". Lately this has been so far off my radar that I am not sure what possessed me to clink on the headline but I did. The article outlined which active duty units were being deployed and noted four National Guard brigades that were slated to go...and of course there was Tanker's. I immedately got him on the phone and questioned him. You could tell from his tone of voice that he was busted. It turned out that he had gotten a call during his leave last week and intended on telling me after graduation. Gotta love the man...he knows I couldn't have handled it prior to graduation!!

Don't know what will happen now. He is scheduled to come off active duty orders in November. Not sure what we will do at that point. Hopefully they will have a better handle on the redeployment situation by then. Can't imagine that they will send a 52 yr old back to the sandbox but they took a 48 yr old the last time!!

Maybe I can keep this up now. Somewhere to vent!!

No comments: