Tuesday, July 14, 2009

I am back...for the tenth time!!

Finally back again! And this time it was over a year...guess you can take that to mean everything is going so well I don't need to blog nor have the time. It's a thought anyway!!!

Updates:

1. Tanker needs a new name!! His unit has gone from a tank unit to a cav scout troop and is scheduled to redeploy to Iraq the beginning of 2010. As of today, he is non-deployable; however, he will have to go before the medical review board. He is expecting that to happen in September so just a few months of wondering. They introduced him at the cav ball last weekend as the "oldest cav scout" so my hope is they will find him more valuable left in the states. I know he wants to go...there are still several young guys that he considers his kids that he is concerned about but this is the one time I am being selfish and hoping he stays home.

2. Big Bubba and Ms. Smitten are doing well. Big Bubba has started taking the CPA exams and passed the first one...only 4 more to go (I think). Ms. Smitten starts back to school in the fall working on becoming a Physicians Assistant. No grands yet but they are doing very well. Hard to believe he will be 28 years old later this month. Surely he can't be 28...that makes me WAY to old!!!

3. Little Bubba has moved back here with us along with his almost 3 year old son. It has been an eventful few weeks getting used to a young one in the house again but I am really grateful they are here and I am hopeful we can be the help Little Bubba needs to raise the little squirt. And if nothing else, I am sure he will provide lots of stuff to blog about.

4. Bonnie Blue is in her sophomore year of college and has moved off campus into a new apartment complex. They have finally opened the local restaurant where she is working so traveling to the closest location at 30 to 45 minutes is over. She will be working full time until school starts back up in September. I know she is happy living/working there but I miss having time with her. May have to get in the car this weekend and go visit.

5. I am back to work...at an agricultural firm doing weekly payroll and AP. Getting out of the house was a good thing. I am enjoying having something to do on a daily basis.

As a family we have had an eventful year. My father had quad bypass heart surgery, my mother had hernia surgery and we lost Bonnie Blue's Papa to cancer. This has definitely been enough for me!

See you next time...hopefully I will be more faithful.

No comments: