Wednesday, June 08, 2011

And the beat goes on...

Wow...since I had my last vomit of blog information to share there has been happenings at our church. Our pastor has resigned. UGH! As much as I hate this, it is strictly for selfish reasons. Once again, I have allowed myself to become personal friends with the preacher and, more importantly, his wife!! She is absolutely, without a doubt, my best friend here. The only person in the church that I feel able to open up even remotely!!! And now they are moving 2 hours away.

I have said I feel a peace about their move...he really has done all he can here until some folks decide to open up and make some changes. I know he is doing what God wants him to do but it is still going to be difficult. Not looking forward to is at all.

Then this morning I am told that he (the preacher) was approached by a woman in the church who has asked for a mediated meeting with me to see if we can straighten some things out. I knew immediately who he was talking about and I agreed. WOW...this should be interesting. How do you tell someone that the reason you don't speak with her anymore is because you have been convicted of gossiping?! I am alittle concerned however, because he said that these kind of meetings can be good or they can be hurtful. Makes me wonder what she has said to him about me!!! So, I am spending the rest of the day praying. Praying that I will keep my comments civil. Praying that I don't say anything out of anger. Because in the grand scheme of things, this friendship really doesn't mean much to me. I will never allow myself to be in a position where I will trust her with anything more that can be used against me!! Thank I need to pray about that attitude too...

No comments: