Friday, September 16, 2011

Five Minute Friday's

I have been reading several blogs lately that have a Five Minute Friday. The rules are quite easy...for writers! Write for five minutes flat - no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking. I have been so inspired by these women! I can't tell you the number of times that I have read a blog posting and thought...that was exactly what I needed to hear! Now I know my writing is lousy. No funny stories, no pithy comments, no words of wisdom. But maybe...maybe I can allow God to shine through and encourage someone. And I will start with Five Minute Friday. Today's word is JOY.
Ready...set...start
Interesting word. I know all of the proper things I am to say. But the point that they were trying to get across is to CHOOSE JOY. How often am I amazed that people are able to see the wonders of God in a sunset which I don't even take the time to notice!
This is a choice we have. And I spend way WAY too much time wallering in my defeats or just worrying about things that are absolutely out of my control.
So, for this weekend...I am going to choose joy! Let's see what we can accomplish when I look at things from a cheerful, joyful position. God has blessed me tremendously.
Now I just need to live His blessings!!!
STOP...
Wow that was interesting. Not planning on doing anything with this like link to the blog but if you are curious to read some other takes on joy...check this out: http://thegypsymama.com
Have a great weekend!

No comments: