Sunday, May 28, 2006

Memorial Day Weekend

The past few days have been busy ones at Tara. My last day at work was Wednesday and I haven't really had a chance to enjoy the downtime yet.

Tanker got home about 0930 Thursday and we spent the afternoon helping get together decorations for Bonnie Blue's current best friend's 16th birthday party. Then dinner with the mother-in-law and her husband. Fried fish doesn't really fit in to the Weight Watchers program but I managed to stay on track with a baked potato and salad. Friday was spent working on Tankers latest project. He is rebuilding a 1978 Camero and having way too much fun with it!! My truck went in for it's latest checkup and came out with a $382. bill...great...two days after my last paycheck hits the bank. And Saturday we had some friends over to join us for dinner. Isn't life in a small town exciting??!!

Today we went to church to hear the interium pastor. Haven't been there in awhile - that whole situation will be fodder for another post - and I am praying fervently that they find a new pastor soon. I have come to the conclusion that I don't need to listen to another Baptist preacher who has Dr. in front of his name. It was the most tedious sermon I have heard in a long time. And if I get one more hug from an insincere person I will probably lose my lunch. There was, however, a very fitting tribute in the bulletin that I thought I would share.

They answered their country's
call to arms,
into battle they do go.
Where their final destination was,
no one will ever know.
May their final resting place,
under some unknown sod.
Be forever hallowed,
for it is known only to God.


We will take some time tomorrow to remember those who have made the ultimate sacrifice serving our country. This is one thing that they do right in small town USA.

No comments: